Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Love Worth Dying For

When the movie 2012 came out in the cinemas, I was very reluctant to go watch it. Partly due to me not wanting to entertain my morbidity, but mostly because of my faith that disallows me to believe in any prophecies of mere mortals. However, this movie somehow made its way into my life via Astro.

As much as I dreaded seeing what the movie had to suggest regarding the future of mankind, I reluctantly coaxed my family into watching it with me. I know this does not make sense but somehow having them there next to me made it a little less daunting.

Seeing how the characters in the movie faced their last moments alive and the way they handled themselves in the most critical seconds of their lives made me ponder upon several things. Love. Priorities. Sacrifices. It also made me look at my life over the past three years.

In a nutshell, this movie was the perfect wake up call that I needed in order to reevaluate my life and regain the happiness that had slipped through my fingers due to unforeseen circumstances and bad critical decision making.

After the movie ended, I dared myself to entertain my own mortality. If I had to choose who I would sacrifice my life for, the answer is very simple. My children. Jazelia and Jelissa. Yes. I would put my life on the line just so that they can live on. 


No comments:

Dearest Mak

Dearest Mak, Its been 15 days since you went home to Allah. I pray He has placed you among the righteous and pious. So many people prayed th...