Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happiness Regained.

Hahahaha... In pursuit of happiness? Was I even looking for it? I don't think so. But, I will let you read this entry and draw your own opinion on this. Here goes...

My day today began almost as ordinary as yesterday. Having had the blissful sleep that ensued right after finishing 2012 with my family at the wee hours of the morning, I woke up wide eyed at 11 am feeling freshly rested. Although, I did make a mental note to get myself a new pillow for my head. Hmm...

I headed straight for the kitchen to brew myself a mug of coffee. As I religiously took my vitamin supplements and gulped them down with a few swigs of caffeine, I made a beeline for my Macbook and sat down to read some emails. After several incoming and outgoing phone calls, I managed to confirm a few appointments for the day. By 3 pm, I was already out the door with Jazelia in tow, as she was working the closing shift at Starbucks and conveniently I had made arrangements to hold my meetings there, too.

My first meeting was at 4 pm and when it ended 90 minutes after that, I decided to continue doing some research work on my laptop before having an early dinner before my next appointment begins. However, something had happened that caused my client to postpone her meeting with me. And since Jazelia's shift ends after midnight, that meant I had time to burn. Cool!

I decided to amble leisurely around 1 Utama shopping mall and it pleased me tremendously when I stumbled upon some bedding products. Pillow! I need a new pillow for my head! I found one that met my personal needs. Lavender pillow. Cool! I can sleep more soundly than last night!

With my new pillow tucked in a huge shopping bag, I went on walking. And somehow, my feet found their way to MPH bookstore. I walked slowly as I allowed my eyes to feast on the array of books and magazines displayed all around me. My heaven on earth! I purchased two psychology magazines and paid for them. I then remembered I must search for some travel books I may need in the future. And then suddenly I realized something weird. I had a huge grin on my face! I was smiling from ear to ear! I felt a buzz. Is this a result of retail therapy?

I called my husband and told him what was happening to me. I heard my own voice as I spoke to him. I was giggling like a young girl! Oh my God!! I was actually experiencing blissful joy! Bless my humbled soul, I have found my way back to happiness! I was beaming as I heard my husband's voice laughing away on the other end of the phone line. He was genuinely happy and proud that I had regain the old me that had been lost over the past 3 years!

Best of all, I'm so grateful to have regained my bliss after so long. I may have gotten lost over the past few years but I'm glad I'm found again. Alhamdulillah. I truly believe Allah has forgiven me for my sins and transgressions. He has accepted my repentance. I'm finally home.

No comments:

Dearest Mak

Dearest Mak, Its been 15 days since you went home to Allah. I pray He has placed you among the righteous and pious. So many people prayed th...