Wednesday, January 9, 2019

From Daughter to Wife

I remember the moment I realized I was pregnant of you. Scamper the cat kept sniffing at my belly. And then came the craving for caviar. And honeydew at 2 am that made your dad pull his hair. Followed by seven months of all day nausea and the discovery that I can no longer tolerate the smell of durian.

You were determined right from the get go. Eagerly burrowing your head out and refusing to wait for the doctor to arrive. You were impatient. And when you came into this world with knitted brows as though you were upset with the international stock market, I knew that you were to grow up to be a very intelligent, assertive, confident and loving go-getter.

Fast forward 26 years and now you are a wife to the love of your life. Your dad and I couldn't have asked for a better man to be your husband and our son. James may not be perfect but he is imperfectly perfect for you. On this day, your dad and I feel so blessed.



Here, I share with you the letter Paul Newman wrote to his wife on their wedding day:



Take care of each other, my children. Remember how precious you are to us.

- Mama and Ayah.

9th January 2019

No comments:

Dearest Mak

Dearest Mak, Its been 15 days since you went home to Allah. I pray He has placed you among the righteous and pious. So many people prayed th...